meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

ships

Lent always pissed me off 'cause it just seemed to've been reduced to some kind of mediocre self-righteous religious mockery.

Could have been due to the majority of my exposure to it occurring at bible college.

I'm trying to change my perception of that.

(Lent and bible college. Lent first though. Bible college is probably going to take decades.)

I just mentioned in an e-mail to Nanc' my general disdain with being bound to time being at odds with my interest in the church calendar and spiritual disciplines.

She's invited me to participate in a Lent journey with her and a couple other folks who might join forces to comprise a little online community. It looks pretty rad. If you're like me and you're thinking halfheartedly about Lent and you need a friend to send an idea your way, let me know. I'll send you the thing we're checkin' out--has a lot to do with confronting barriers--between ourselves and God's will/his creation/other people/unity in the church/etc. A weekly exploration that involves a little less giving up coffee and a little more engaging in the world around you.



So speaking of mysterious journeys, ships seem to be my recurring theme of the year.

And I don't know how to post videos on here still, or else I would.
So just go watch these ones.
Because they're good songs.

Your Rocky Spine

One Last Song

* * *

2 comments:

Adam said...

I am thoroughly impressed by Josiah Leming (and the fact that you are posting again ;)

Thank you tons for sharing this.

PS- when are you coming for a visit? soon?

* shaina * * said...

yah it's really no surprise for me to abandon the internetland every now and again...

and you're welcome!

and PS-umm...not till i have money and time...which will be a while...maybe may? i dunno!

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.