meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

some regret, some sad

So, after a long day of too much thinking and not enough conversation I want to think about something other than "home", for a little while.

Here is an assignment. Write something that you experienced this season, and post it here. Joyful, challenging or otherwise. A story. After that we should sit around with hot cocoa, and laugh at the weirdness of our families.

Most of my season was this- Spending too much time alone which, to be more hard on myself than I need to, felt very self-imposed. Instead of calling friends, making plans, anything I just watched movies and wrote bad poems all day.

It felt like it was just one lazy day, which turned into 5. I think the reason this happened is that a person needs something to start the day, some purpose to wake up for. If you waste a morning the entire day is wasted. For me at least.

So, I will have more cheery posts in awhile. Some joy is still meant to be found. I'm in that pre-traveling feeling- that sense of regret and wonder. mostly, regret.

I miss all of you, to the extent that it feels embarassing to say it. I'll make us all some nice organic-fair-trade hot chocolate when this is all over.

later.

1 comment:

* shaina * * said...

i appreciated the honesty and simplicity here. i like when people find that..the few little words to say to mean more than a million could on another day.

and i sooo know what you mean about wasted mornings. i've been mourning the loss of several this month...

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.