meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

1 . 2 . 3

My dear friend (and our devoted subscriber) Nancy has recently departed on a pilgrimage...we had initially planned to go together, but with moving plans it was not the right "time" for me...so she up and went alone! She's just pretty great like that. Perhaps I can have my own pilgrimage after a time.

She's set out to collect some insight, and so far has found a few gems and characters along the way. In one of her recent posts--naturally, she is blogging--she shared some profound sentiments. She spoke of the "extremes" that have arisen within our culture, the mega-churchies and the simple-servants, and the dangers both face in clinging too closely to only one or two parts of the three-part greatest commandment. Essentially, we are all forgetting to love God first.

I wanted to share some of Nanc's words, and to encourage you to check out the rest of her blog (specifically the one I'm quoting from, and generally the whole Pilgrimage section if you wish)...

So I’m starting to have a bit of a better picture of what I’m looking for in this pilgrimage… it seems like I need to help find the happy medium between throwing the baby out with the bathwater and drowning the baby in the bathwater of the church. I was walking along yesterday kind of making up a song prayer to God and I was saying, “I’m prepared to go between where we’ve been and what we need. Tell me Lord, tell me please, what you want and what you need.”

-- Nancy's Pilgrimage

3 comments:

Adam said...

jamison and i may be pilgrimaging to oregon.

~Nanc. said...

OH

~Nanc. said...

Shainifer... thank you for letting me slide in the side door and post on your guys' super cool blog! You know it has always secretly been my dream... well ever since i saw the thing!
I wish you guys were all on this pilgrimage with me! But maybe the solace is giving it a much stronger flavor or something...
Shainers... when I get back to Elsa's house in a couple days I'm gonna give you a call... b/c they have free long distance... but moreso... b/c I love you!

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.