meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

wish I had a river


home.
you know I'd like to go there,
but I don't think it's a place I belong.
home, I'd love to wake up there,
but how can I plan on waking up feeling rested?

home could have less to do with arrival.
i could leave all my love on the climbing way,
with painful steps and slow.
"and love is not the easy thing, the only baggage you can bring",
I'll leave all my fears behind.

home.
if you've never had one, what is it like?
is there really anything to "go back to"?
maybe everything is waiting in some open arms.
but I might find meaning, either way.
home. you know I'd love to wake up there.

~

...the journey continues, or maybe it needs to end.
maybe its time I stopped running away.
Its another chapter and I still don't have it all together.

No comments:

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.