meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Monday, December 17, 2007

thought that I saw you in the oncoming cars

Home.

I'm wondering, how are you all feeling about "returning home"?

I know this can be a hard time of year, being that we are becoming adults, some of us redefining home, finding a place to call home that is not the place we grew up.

Thats how I feel, at least. Being back in Nanaimo really scares me, and fills me with great cynicism. I'm scared because I don't think my character can continue to develop here. I need to be in a place that is safe, where I know I can find care.

So, I know I think too much. I should really be enjoying these days in Nanaimo, of seeing masses of green again. But I am starting to get homesick.

My head is not really together. I was hoping this would turn into a profound statement about community, rather than a few dry statements. I just get a sense that its harder to feel alive during this season, unless your surrounded by a warm glow of a fire and candles, or at home with friends... or something. It gets hard to feel safe this time of year.

I'll be home soon.

PS - on my other journal I said "I can't wait to get back on the road again". Now, I just want to get back home.

PPS - I have been wondering what christmas is like in England for awhile (ever since watching the Muppets Christmas Carol again).

1 comment:

* shaina * * said...

which reminds me--i need to excavate my "christmas tape" ... feat. the muppets christmas carol, i hope! i can't remember what all's on it...

i'm home right now. i flew here the other day. flying is creepy. on the airplanes, i suppose i considered the concept of our human family and the folks i shared seats with--the man on my first flight was a dad, with a moustache. i have a dad with a moustache. the lady on my connecting flight was named stella. my grandma is named stella. i guess everybody's somebody. i guess everywhere is home. i guess we get to choose whether that's horribly impersonal or comfortingly intimate?

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.