meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Monday, November 5, 2007

traveling mercies

I'm about three pages into my eight- ten pager, which i'm hoping to have done tommorow, and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

And I think that kind of sucks. I'm really lacking the emotional energy to put any personal thought or conviction into this thing.

Other than that, i think I'm doing fine. I spent a good solid 5 walking in a city instead of doing homework, and now it feels like i have less to do. Cities are good that way.

There is this ideal way of life i envision for myself- slowing working through assignments, slowly moving towards character developing, carefully feeling conviction for stupid things i do, and tactfully walking through the "feeling broken" aspects of being human...

enough to finish a paper and not feel like shit. live and learn/

Mostly, I'm just try to stay a bit balanced, so that I don't get overwhelmed by the details and tiny buggersome aspects of life. I think Anne Lamott sums it up perfectly- "Some people say that God is in the details, but I have come to believe that God is in the bathroom".

I would love to finish this thought, but I'm late for a meeting. Damnit.

to be continued.

No comments:

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.