meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

only the good stories

Hey Hey.

I just wrote this long, inconsistent, rant about the environment, ro try and convince MCC that it would be good idea to send me to new york, to talk about the environment.

And now i kind of feel like a jerk. So. i'm going to unwind a bit.

I'm sitting at my school's cafeteria, facing the big window and the cashier. just 10 or so hours ago i was sitting on the grass on the other side of that window, watching folk music with friends. And, there is that weird aroma of french fries cooking in the kitchen, and mint from the chapstick on the table beside me.

Hm. I wonder, why isn't life like this all the time? simple? me, and some people i know, spent a good five months piecing a concert together, just for the sake of capturing this sort of moment.

Call it, the grace of time- the time of planning gives equally the time to take a couple deep breaths, and try life out in different ways than before. We, as people, are not unlike the seasons- we have to change...often. if we stay the same, or if we try and live life with the exact same recurrent routine, it will wreck us. and not in a good way.

i would rather be wrecked by falling in love with someone, sharing a kiss on a cold august night...rather than be wrecked by being too careful, or by trying to force the hand of life to provide profound moments. some things just take more careful work, more sincerity, more honesty...and frankly, more patience.

life has seasons, and what matters isn't trying to make the seasons stay a certain temperature. neither is it about trying to re-live the same moments twice, hoping that the second moment will feel better than the first. what really matters is carefully piecing together conversations, concerts, and cups of coffee (aka, moments of grace), and learning to take deep breaths after the moment you got to have with these things is past.

to answer my question, the reason life isn't like this all the time - simple- it that it would just get boring after awhile.

more later, y'all.

(after i dispose of my crappy rant).

-Adam

2 comments:

* shaina * * said...

mmhmm...to be a recipient of life is much more beautiful than attempting to be a manipulator of life. good thoughts here.

~Nanc. said...

Hey... I'm a friend of Shaina's and I love this little community you guys have here. There are some really deep and cool thoughts.

I really appreciated what you said about the seasons of life. In my life right now I am kind of at the same turning point in seasons that we are feeling outside. Things are changing... I don't really love the cold chill in the air and the loss of that summer hot sun... but I know there is beauty coming in the blanketting of snow and other cold things. Thanks for reminding me to look forward to that and not try to hold onto or re-live the old seasons!

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.