meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

prologue

i was standing on the edge of the atmosphere
when i saw it


it was like nothing i'd ever seen
and everything i'd ever dreamed
(the dreams you dream in the deep dark)
and it passed me by
and it caught my
breath
stole it up in its trailing tails
till my legs grew weak
and my useless feet
conspired to renounce their post


oh they followed my gaze
and they spied but a haze
unimpressive and surely without
any merit or meaning
...
and in any case they were all caught up
in the earth's underbrush
and the sight of my stance
(which appeared in a glance
to be perilous if not entirely fatal)
made their otherwise dull visages
twist into dreadful grimaces

.and here is where i learned
that hilarity and tragedy are lovers.

oh they cringed and they moaned
and they offered me up
glass bottles of air
in their helpful little hands
because they felt sad my breath had been taken away
and pretty as they were
all colored and filled
with the stuff of life
all trapped inside them...

i knew in the deep
in the deep
in the dark
that it hadn't been
my breath

but my heart





to be continued * * *

3 comments:

Adam said...

coool, is the air outside

Adam said...

by that i mean this poem feels like cool air. which i seem to be getting a lot of here in BC.

* shaina * * said...

ah, wonderful! i imagine the "air" at the edge of the earth and understanding must be cool...it's only fitting :)

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.