meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Friday, August 24, 2007

another stupid adventure

When i was a kid my dad would take me and my brothers on these random boating trips, around the outer harbor of Nanaimo. We would float for hours towards Duke Point, and we would pass by log-booms crowded with sea lions, barking either for attention or for food;

Ohr! Ohr! I think thats that best way to describe the sound they made... Ohr!

And we would feel seasick, and mad that our dad had dragged us on another stupid adventure.

But then, when i take my own random stupid adventures, like driving to Whiterock with friend, and standing out on the dock until 12am. At one point, looking at a mile of water reflected lights and stars thinking "man. I've had a good life".

And I have had a good life. I grew up beside one of Earth's finest treasures. As much as the ocean has been polluted and made to serve the means of careless tourism industries and shipping, it has its moments.

It has its moments when you stand out on a clear night and the moon beams down in a pool-like reflection on the water at a distance, tracing a subtle line a long ways away. I have to feel blessed that the water in British Columbia at least has the appearance, and aroma, of clean and untouched even if the reality may be far from that.

I can't believe I almost forgot about that.

3 comments:

Jamison said...

"preditory wasp..." is the perfect soundtrack to this post.

just thought i'd let you all know.

* shaina * * said...

personally, i liked the silence of my soundtrack here...made it easier to imagine the animal sounds and pretend i was looking at midnight ocean... ;)

* shaina * * said...

(ps. Dear Scary Ocean, I will see you soon. Love, Shaina)

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.