meanderings, musings and campfire tales. Sometimes we write words about faith, love, and 90's music.

Monday, April 9, 2007

005//magic

Patrick Wolf



"Album of the Year" gets tossed around a lot. I think I change my pick once every few months, but I think this year's is a solid pick, already. Unless Radiohead released their new record this year, but that probably won't happen. So the award goes to Patrick Wolf. "The Magic Position" is one of the best albums i've heard in a really long time. It's got something for everyone: poppy, musical-esque sing-alongs, adventure, deliectable arrangments, bizzare electronics and that powerful voice behind that child-like look. The record has a story to it, but I haven't figured it out. But I know there's a plot line that drives the record. It's far too cinematic to not have one. I keep getting this "Spirited Away", adventure vibe from it too. Maybe I watch too many movies. Either way, go buy this record. If you favourite store doesn't carry it, order it in. Listen to it all the way through. You won't be disappointed.

MP3: Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position
Stream: Patrick Wolf on Myspace

1 comment:

* shaina * * said...

patrick wolf + sorting laundry = FUNCITY! ps. i always like an androgynous boy who appears to've infiltrated the wardrobe of Golden Girls!

past.

copyright.

(c)2007. all words, pictures and things-of-the-like are copyrighted to 'just for the kingdom'. any MP3s posted on this site are for sampling purposes only. if you represent an artist featured on this site and would like a file removed, tell us.